We’re not a fan of fine print (we can never find our fine print glasses). And unless we’re talking about cake – we figure neither of us like surprises - that is why we want to make sure we are up front about our property policies.
Please read through the following policies below and thank you in advance for doing so!
Cancellations are painful for both of us – we are a very small coastal business with only a few rooms and cottages – we incur losses that we need to cover when an accommodation is cancelled.
Since neither of us like cake-free surprises, we want to be completely transparent and up front with you about our cancellation policy which is listed below, along with an option on how to protect yourself from cancellation fees.
If you are worried that you may need to cancel your stay, or would like to protect yourself from paying a cancellation charge, then we suggest considering trip cancellation insurance. We cannot offer you coverage ourselves but we know a guy…
If you wish to purchase cancellation insurance for your booked reservation, it is readily available at a moderate cost from the website www.quotewright.com. Insurance can be purchased at the time of booking online with a third-party insurance provider. It is NOT included in our room rates and does not get processed through us.
We understand that “stuff happens” and when it does we are empathetic and will assist you in any way we can. However, if you need to cancel or change your reservation we will charge you as listed below:
- There is a $45 per accommodation charge for cancellations or significant changes outside of the “no-cancellation” period.
- The no-cancellation period begins 15 days prior to your reserved date of arrival and 21 days during holiday stays.
- Any significant changes or cancellations made during the no--cancellation period will result in the loss of the entire deposit (full rate for a one-night reservation or half of the full folio rate for longer reservations). If we can re-book your stay we will refund your deposit, less the $45.00 cancellation fee.
- Any “last minute” cancellations or significant changes made within four (4) days of arrival you will be charged the full cost of the original reservations.
- No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a last-minute cancellation and will be charged for the full folio amount of the reservation.
- We will be happy to move your reservation outside of the no-cancellation period at no additional cost to you (rates may change and promotions may end depending on the dates you select).
- Lodging, wedding and elopement packages may have different policies and restrictions, please check your package confirmation carefully.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our lodging policies, please feel free to contact us at 707-937-5339.
- Our rates will vary throughout the year and are subject to change until you have confirmed your reservation with us and locked in a rate.
- Our rates are based on double occupancy (two guests).
- Additional guests over double occupancy adds $15 per guest, per night up to the cottage or room capacity.
- We must collect 11% for Mendocino County’s transient occupancy tax on all stays and associated fees
- Guests under 8 stay free when accompanied by an adult.
- House gift certificates for Inn at Schoolhouse Creek and the Cottages at Little River Cove are not transferable between properties
- We do not accept Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificates
- The purchase value of expired Groupon vouchers may be applied to on-site room charges only
- A deposit of one night is required to guarantee a single night reservation, and a deposit equal to half of the total is required for longer stays.
- Third party gift certificates may be used for room charges only please
- The balance of your folio is due at check-in
- We accept Debit, Visa, MasterCard and Discover, and good old-fashioned cash to pay the balance of your account
- There is a two-night minimum on stay on weekends.
- Select cottages have a minimum that includes weekdays as well.
- There is a minimum stay requirement on most holiday weekends; including, but not limited to: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- The Cottages does not hold weddings on property, but we offer wonderful small, intimate, and very special elopements.
- For groups reserving three or more rooms or cottages, a 30-day cancellation policy applies, and full payment in advance is required.
- Maximum occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced. Only registered guests are allowed to occupy any accommodation.
CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time is begins at 4:00pm. If you suspect your will arrive after 6:00pm, please let us know and we will arrange a later arrival package for you.
- A valid ID + credit or debit card is required to check-in. We accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard and good old cash for final payment.
- Check-out time is by 11am. Guests not vacating units by 11am, without Innkeeper's permission, will be charged a late checkout fee equal to one up to one night’s lodging.
- Guests under the age of 8 stay with us free of charge
- For the safety of your children and the comfort of our other guests, we request that children under 15-years-of-age be supervised at all times.
- Well behaved owners may accompany their dog for an additional fee of $25.00 per pet per night.
- Guests are responsible for all terms and conditions laid out in our pet guidelines.
We do ask that pets be under the owner's control at all times.
- Service animals that are individually trained to help a person with his or her disability are welcomed.
- Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
- You are responsible to “clean up”” after their pet. You will be charged an additional fee to cover the costs of deep cleaning a room after a pet stay. That would include carpet shampooing or steam cleaning of furnishings or soft goods soiled by your pet.
- There is a maximum of two pets per room or cottage unless prior arrangements have been made in advance of your stay.
- Guests keeping pets in room or cottage without prior approval will be charged $100 per night.
- In the event that the Inn incurs any loss of business, or compensation is required for another guest due to noise or other complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account
SMOKING + OTHER BURING QUESTIONS
- The entire property is non-smoking (yes that includes vaping and the stuff Mendo is famous for). This policy is for the comfort of other guests and staff and includes all decks, porches and grounds.
- A minimum $275.00 fee plus cost of nights lost due to restoring the accommodation will be levied for smoke or odor damage in a room or cottage.
- For the safety of our guests the use of candles, incense, fireworks, explosives, flammable items, firearms, gas, charcoal, or propane grills, including solid fuel cooking appliances, smokers, oil fryers, hibachis, and all other types of open-flame devices, fire pits or fireplaces are strictly prohibited within, on or around any of the Inn’s balconies, decks or grounds.