Mendocino Pet Friendly Lodging
At the Cottages we know that pets need vacations, too! We are the premier pet friendly lodging location in Mendocino, with private cottages and beautiful gardens and lawns for taking walks. In addition to our 2+ acres of grounds, the dog friendly Van Damme Beach is only a 1/4 mile from the Cottages at Little River Cove, and there are many more pet friendly beaches and miles of walking trails in the area.
In our designated pet friendly cottages we allow up to two pets to accompany you. We welcome our furry, four-footed guests with their own "Pet Package" including a bed, food and water bowls, a beach towel, waste bags and a welcome treat! We look forward to meeting your furry friends and making them feel welcome!
Our pet fee is $25 per pet for each night of their stay. To ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay, we'll ask Pet Parents to sign the following Pet Guidelines when you check in.
Cottages at Little River Cove Pet Guidelines
- $25 per pet fee is charged for each pet guest per night.
- Two pet limit per cottage.
- Well socialized domesticated dogs (non-aggressive breeds) and cats only.
- Verification of bordetella and rabies vaccinations within the past 12 months.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- Prior to arrival, we request your pet’s name, weight and breed for identification purposes
- Pets may not be left alone in the cottage at any time. Please contact our Innkeepers (707.937.5339) in advance if you need assistance in scheduling pet sitting services.
- Please prevent your pet from barking or otherwise disturbing guests. In the event that the Cottage’s incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while on the hotel premises; likewise, cats must be constrained at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. Complimentary waste pick-up stations are scattered around the property for your use or bags will be provided for you in the guestroom if you prefer. Please contact an Innkeeper should you need additional bags.
- The Inn has great places for you and your pet to enjoy. We will be happy to suggest other great places for walks and adventures for you and your pet.
- Do not permit your pet to get on the bed coverings or the furniture. If additional cleaning is required for bedding, carpeting or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your pet, all related charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
The Cottages at Little River Cove reserves the right to deny acceptance of any “pet guest,” particularly in situations where the pet becomes “unwelcome” due to aggressive behavior or disturbing other guests, the hotel may request that the “pet guest” and its owners seek accommodations elsewhere.